Inner harmony and universal compassion for the benefit of all beings.
Milarepa Center is a Tibetan Buddhist retreat center dedicated to inspiring the highest potential in all beings through the cultivation of wisdom, compassion and the good heart. Situated on 276 acres of serene Vermont beauty, we offer a variety of programs, including meditation, teachings, and special events, in a contemplative environment for practitioners of all levels.
Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s Vision for Milarepa Center
- Build a new Meditation Hall and facility for 150-200 people
- Build retreat complex with some retreat rooms for chronically ill people to meditate on bodhicitta (the mind to benefit others more than oneself)
- Build a small monastery and nunnery for potentially 24 monks and nuns
- Build a large prayer wheel on the way to the house from the Stupa near the welcome sign
- Hold annual Open House Festival Day
- Have prayer wheels surrounding the stupa
- Continue trail development on the land and make a map of the trails and land
- Host camping groups
FPMT Mission Statement
The FPMT is an organization devoted to preserving and spreading Mahayana Buddhism worldwide by creating opportunities to listen, reflect, meditate, practice and actualize the unmistaken teachings of the Buddha and based on that experience spreading the Dharma to sentient beings.
We provide integrated education through which people’s minds and hearts can be transformed into their highest potential for the benefit of others, inspired by an attitude of universal responsibility and service. We are committed to creating harmonious environments and helping all beings develop their full potential of infinite wisdom and compassion.
Our organization is based on the Buddhist tradition of Lama Tsongkhapa of Tibet as taught to us by our founder, Lama Thubten Yeshe and our spiritual director, Lama Thubten Zopa Rinpoche.